Thursday 30 January 2014

Vegan Pancakes - Eggless, Butterless Pancakes


Pancakes are light fluffy breakfast treats made with flour, eggs and milk. I was introduced to them when I moved to America. I had my first pancakes at iHop Restaurant. They make good pancakes and they provide you with an array of syrups to top your pancakes with. Plus you can order them with a variety of fruits. What's not to love.

After those initial experiences outside, I tried making some pancakes on my own and really enjoyed it. Some time ago, I became intolerant to eggs. So i stopped making pancakes and really missed it. Recently I ran into many recipes that are Vegan and the idea that being Vegan does not mean I have to miss out on my favourites meant a lot to me.



On the day I made these pancakes, I made a batch of regular pancakes too (with egg and milk). I served my husband a couple of those and a couple of these. He actually did not realize the difference till I told him. So here you go. You are not missing anything eating these lovely pancakes.



Ingredients

All Purpose Flour 1 cup (130 gms)
Brown Sugar 1 tbsp (use white sugar)
Apple Sauce 2 tbsp (I just pealed and pureed half an apple) :-)
Soy Milk (or use any milk you prefer) 1 cup
Baking Powder 1.5 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp

Method of Preparation

1. In a bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.

2. Make a well in the middle and add the apple sauce and milk.

3. Using a fork mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.

4. Mix till the flour is all mixed and there are no lumps. Do not over mix.

5. Let this batter sit for 5-10 minutes.

6. Heat a pan, pour a laddle of batter to the pan.

7. Let it cook on one side till little bubbles appear on the top.

8. Flip and cook on the other side for a few seconds.

Serve with some berries and maple syrup. Nutella is an awesome combo as well. 

8 comments:

  1. Ohh the Pancakes look yummy Roshni, such an inviting picture.. So neat and scar-less pancakes you have cooked really..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be perfect to serve to MIL when she comes here, absolutely wonderful, Rosh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pancakes are awesome.... Bookmarked...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super perfect... Sooooooo inviting clicks !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pancakes look yummy, loved the pics..

    ReplyDelete