Friday 6 September 2013

Tofu Salad Sandwich - Egg Salad - Vegan Recipe

Did I tell you about my new found addiction for Pinterest. If not, do check out my boards here. You will know what I mean! There I have come to realize that making Vegan food need not be hard or tasteless. I have made a few dishes that are bursting with flavours which has even meat eaters (read veggie haters) asking me for recipes. :-)



I am a big fan of Egg Salad and Sandwiches/Wraps made with it. Due to some allergy issues, I cannot consume egg. When I saw this recipe here, I just knew I had to try it. It makes a great Picnic or Lunch Box Sandwich!



I have made this as part of this month's Palooza ! We are making a couple of Sandwiches and a couple of Muffin or Muffin Tray dishes. Stay tuned! AnuRadhika and Me

Ingredients

Tofu 1 block (400gms)
Yogurt 1/3 cup (original recipe called for Vegan Mayo. Could not find it. Use it if you need it to be Vegan or May be Soy Yogurt)
Dijon Mustard 1/3 cup
Garlic Powder 3/4 tsp
Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
Pepper Powder 1/2 tsp
Honey (or Maple Syrup or golden syrup for Vegan) 1 tsp
Chopped Scallions 1/3 cup (more if you like the taste)
Lemon Juice 1 tbsp
Salt to taste

Ciabatta Rolls 6 (or any bread or wrap of your choice)

Method of Preparation

1. Drain water from the tofu and wrap in kitchen towel. What I generally do is place it wrapped between two cutting boards and then I place a heavy weight on top. That way all water will be drained and you will get a nice firm tofu. If you are lucky and get firm tofu, don't bother with any of these.

2. Cut the tofu into small bits. Cut the scallions into small pieces.

3. Add the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well.

4. Add the tofu and mix well.

5. Refrigerate till you need to serve it.

You can use it in a wrap or as a sandwich. Just scoop required amount to the bread or wrap and enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. Very healthy.. Perfect for breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  2. very filling one... love it... first i thought its egg...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so delicious. I had two for myself. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to put some Kala Namak -also known as black salt- on it..that will give it that Egg taste..the sulfur taste...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Making vegan mayo is very easy. Just substitute the egg with a little bit of unsweetened soy milk. I make mine with an immersion blender and it's so much better than anything you can find in a store. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the tip.. will try to make some!

      Delete