Tuesday 7 July 2015

Healthy Strawberry and Chocolate Smoothie - Strawberry Chocolate Frappuccino - Vegan

Strawberry and Chocolate are a match made in heaven. Who does not like dipping Fresh Strawberry in Melted Chocolate! Its Summer time, Strawberries are in Season. It would be a sin not to enjoy this indulgence. Summer time is also about Frappuccino. I am always tempted by them at Starbucks. And in this hot weather, I can never say no to it.


In this recipe, I have combined my love for Strawberries and chocolate with my love for Frappuccino. Now I have called it Healthy, and I am not kidding. It does not use any added Sugar or Sweeteners. It has the goodness of Flaxseeds which provide essential fiber and Omega 3. The Cocoa Powder with its Anti Inflammatory properties. You have a winner here. And did I tell you the taste is an indulgence

Ingredients (2 medium cups)

Frozen Bananas 2
Strawberries 10-12
Cocoa Powder 1 tbsp
Flax seeds 1 tbsp
Soy Milk or Milk 1 cup (250 ml)

Method of Preparation

1. Powder the Flax seeds first. You can buy powdered flax as well. But it keeps fresh whole and I always powder it when I need it. I use the Indian Mixie to powder. You can also use a coffee grinder.

2. Pulse the Frozen Bananas till they are powdered. Always use Frozen Bananas for these recipes. It saves you from adding ice and watering down your smoothie. Slice over ripe bananas, put them in ziplock bags and they can stay in freezer for ever.

3. Add the Strawberries, Flax and cocoa powder. Blend again.

4. Finally add the milk and blend till combined.

Enjoy!! Don't forget to let me know how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment