Wednesday 8 November 2017

Coconut Cardamom Chocolate Cookie



To me, winter is a time to bake. You know, like mad. Friday nights as I mentioned before are soup and bread in the winter. Its so dark and gloomy outside. A bit of baking is all I need to cheer me up. I have been away for so long, it feels like I don't belong here. Am sure once I connect with fellow bloggers and friends like old days, I will feel at home.

I am making a double batch of these cookies today. You know, just in case. I baked half of it and the rest of the dough is all rolled into little balls, and in the freezer for that day when you need cookies in 15 minutes. Yes, these can be baked straight from frozen.

Ingredients (18 cookies)

Flour 180 gms
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder 1/4 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp
Softened Butter 1/2 cup, 113 gms
Sugar 3/4 cup 150 gms
Cardamom Powder 1 tsp
Dessicated Coconut 1/2 cup, 45 gms
Milk Chocolate Chip 100 gms
Milk 3 tbsp (as needed)


Method of Preparation

1. Beat the butter and sugar well till it is light and fluffy.

2. In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.

3. Add to the butter mixture and beat till it starts to come together.

4. Add the milk and cardamom and mix well.

5. Finally add the coconut and chocolate chip.

6. Collect the dough  into a ball and refrigerate for atleast an hour.

7. Roll into 18 equal balls. Place them on a baking sheet with space between them. They expand a lot. I baked in batches of 6. Keep the rest of the dough in the fridge while baking one batch.

8. Pre heat oven to 375 F, 190 C. Bake cookies for 8-10 min till the edges are slightly browned.

9. They will be soft at this stage. Let it sit in the baking sheet for a minute. Then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment