Wednesday 22 February 2012

Fruit and Nut

Hello Friends - I am back after a break... Sorry for not keeping you posted. As this is a public domain did not want to post my travel plans here. I made this recipe before my trip to share with my family.

I saw the recipe of a fruit and nut pop in Vaishali's website and adapted from it. I was going to pound all the ingredients together. But my mixie broke at that time. Not my lucky day. :-( I have just hand mixed all the ingredients. That was not bad as it had a nice crunchy taste to it as well.

Now off to the recipe of a super healthy treat!



Ingredients

Dates 2 cups
Raisins 2 cups
Almond slices 1 cup
Cashews 1 cup
Cardamom Powder 1/4 tsp

Method of preparation

1. Deseed the dates and mush it up.

2. I crunched the almonds and cashews a little with my hands. You can pulse in a mixie as well.

3. Mix together all the ingredients.

4. Roll into balls. You can make small balls and stick toothpicks to make little lollies. I was not patient. I just rolled them into lime size balls.

5. Wrap them in cling wrap to prevent any drying.

All ready to be shared!!

8 comments:

  1. Yummy and delicious roll.......bookmarked

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe.Thanks for sharing such a yummy one with us

    ReplyDelete
  3. u have an award in my space.plz accept it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. first time here glad to follow you .... very yummy fruit and nut ladoos healthy too
    visit my blog www.sriyafood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete