Monday 9 July 2012

Carrot Kosambari - Carrot and Moong Dal Salad

I had not tasted Kosambari until a friend of mine made it for our get together. I would never have made it cause of the raw moong dal in it. But after tasting what she made, I wanted to make it. But completely forgot about it. When Kalyani announced Magic Mingle with Moong Dal and Pepper, I decided to give this a shot. Usually Green Chillies are used to spice this dish. The problem with using green chillies in salads is that my little one will decide it is spicy. Mind you, he eats a lot of spicy dishes if he likes it. So the pepper was an excellent idea to add some spice to it without him complaining and it goes well with our Magic Mingle theme as well.



Ingredients

Carrots Shredded 1.5 cups
Split Yellow Moong Dal 1/4 cup
Pepper Powder 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves to garnish
Salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Soak the Moong Dal for atleast 1 hour. Drain and add to the bowl.

2. Grate carrots and add to the bowl.

3. Add pepper powder, lemon juice, salt and coriander leaves. Mix well and serve


Linking this to Magic Mingle #7
Linking this to Show me your hits - lentils and legumes. Event by Sangee, hosted by Nalini

16 comments:

  1. Nutrilicious....color is just awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...beautiful !!! No doubt its tasty & healthy..

    - Sarika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kosambari is reminding me of home, I love all kind of kosambaris In my mom's house this is almost an everyday affair, My kids nor my Hubby are not a favourite of kosambari's I miss them so much, your bowl is making me nostalgic..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look..easy and healthy salad!
    http://ambiiskitchen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi u have a nice blog.U can visit my blog and give ur valuable comments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nutritious and healthy kosambari..Lovely bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple ad nice.. I also make loads of koshimbir's with moong dal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the addition of pepper to this mild kosambari...nice idea n choice of recipe with the magic mingle ingredient...looks inviting!!
    Spicy Treats

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healthy and colorful salad..thanks for linking to the event...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Health and colourful kasambari..

    ReplyDelete
  11. very healthy and colorful kosambari!

    ReplyDelete