Monday 3 December 2012

Eggless Peanut Butter Banana Muffin

I was watching a cooking show - Rachel Allen's Cake Diaries with my little one. She made a banana peanut butter muffin and my little one wanted to make those 'cup cakes'. I did not have the heart to tell him that they were not technically cupcakes, and they are muffins. To be honest even today I have not quite figured out the difference myself.

I googled and found this link for an eggless, butterless version of the same muffin and we made it together. My son says he made it and I was his helper. Well he did do most of the mixing and putting the ingredients in the bowl. All I did was measuring them out :-). This is turning out to be a cute mum and son thing.. loving it.



The 'cake' turned out very moist and soft. Really loved it. Do use the chunky peanut butter if you can, as the little bits of peanuts added to the taste of the muffin.

You can make this vegan by using soy yogurt. And for milk you can use soy milk or almond milk or even juice. The original recipe did use some juice instead of milk.



Ingredients

Ripe Banana 3
Chunky Peanut Butter 3/4 cup
Milk 1/2 cup
Yogurt 1/2 cup
Flour 2 cups
Sugar 1 cup
Baking Soda 1 tsp
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp

Method of Preparation

1. Preheat an oven to 190 C (375F).

2. In a mixing bowl, mash the bananas. Add peanut butter, yogurt and milk. Mix it all together with a wooden spoon.

3. Now add the rest of the ingredients and fold it in with a fork.

4. Pour into greased pan or in a paper lined pan. Mine is a non stick and I just poured directly.

5. Bake for 20 minutes or till a skewer comes out clean.

6. Cool in a wire rack.

Enjoy this healthy treat with evening tea or as a morning breakfast.





Linking this to Sangeetha's Show me your HITS - Festive Food hosted in my blog.



12 comments:

  1. muffins looks super moist and perfectly made

    ReplyDelete
  2. really yummy muffins.healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fluffy muffins, love this peanut butter and banana combo in muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks spongy & I am sure they are delicious...
    Event :Cook like a Celebrity Chef

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eggless. I m smiling. Peanut Butter. I m grinning. Banana. I m grinning a mile long. Banana Peanut Butter Eggless Muffins. I m doing a crazy crazy red indian war dance whooping with joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Muffins look so soft and yummy... Drooling here

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is there technically any difference between a muffin and cup cake? I thought them to be the same...Your looks wonderful Roshni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaveri, there is difference. i am not too sure how to explain.. and to be honest i do know clearly know as well.

      Delete
  8. Love that spongy look!! Thanks for the EGG free recipe! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful muffins, looks really spongy and soft..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those muffins look deliciously soft & moist, nice bake Roshni.

    Muffins & cup cakes are actually batters prepared differently. Muffins are slightly denser compared to the fluffy cup cakes and also less sweeter. I shared some internet acquired gyan on one of posts, check it out if interested :-) http://sattvaa.blogspot.com/2012/10/banana-walnut-muffins-tasty-way-to.html

    ReplyDelete