Friday 14 December 2012

Banana Strawberry and Orange Ice lolly

I bought a ice lolly tray a few weeks ago. My son (all of 3 years) is interested in what I do in the kitchen. The first thing that we made together was the banana cake. We made this ice lolly together. Him doing most of the work :-) He was very proud of his creation... I worked the mixie for him while he made the sound to make sure he was contributing!



Ingredients (makes 6)

Banana 1
Strawberry 6-8
Orange Juice 1/2 cup

Method of Preparation

1. Roughly chop the bananas and strawberries. Add to a blender. Pulse till it is a little mushed up. I left a few chunks here and there so that it will be there in the lolly.

2. Add the orange juice and pulse once more. You can add a little sugar or honey if you want. But I chose to keep it just natural and it tasted ok for my son.

3. Pour into ice lolly moulds. Cover with the lolly stick/lid. Keep in freezer for a few hours.

4. When ready to use, just run it under hot water and turn the lid to pop the lolly off the mould..

Enjoy with your little ones!!! And be proud of giving a healthy treat. 

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pops,kids will definitely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowie my fav looks super cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 7uper super and yum.remembering school days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you actually bought a ice lolly tray in the middle of winter??? I can see us going a long way together cos i made some ice lollies with oranges last week.. and you cant keep tempting me like this now when i have a runny nose, the outcome of the last weeks lolly

    ReplyDelete