Tuesday 11 December 2012

Tofu Veggie Sandwich with Peri Peri Dressing

As an Indian I always struggle to make sandwiches which are not really Indian. Somehow I add that Indian touch to it. I made this quick sandwich and was very pleased with myself for not making an Indian one. I was trying to name it and asked my husband for a suggestion. He usually starts suggesting funny names. The first one he came up with was Indian Tofu Sandwich. I could not believe what he said. Did I after all end up making another Indian Sandwich... Guess it does not matter. We loved this simple sandwich for a quick lunch....

You can make this with Paneer as well.



Do check out other Sandwich recipes in my blog!

  1. Nutella Strawberry Sandwich
  2. Carrot Tofu Sandwich
  3. Cucumber Mint Sandwich
  4. Eggplant Parmesan Sub
  5. Cutlet Sandwich - Mixed Vegetable Sandwich

Ingredients (Makes 1 sandwich)

Tofu 1 slice (the size of a bread)
Cucumber Sliced few pieces
Tomato Sliced few pieces
Peri Peri Sauce (or a chilli sauce will also work)
Cheese (used grated mozerella) as required
Butter a little



Method of Preparation

1. On a slice of bread spread some cheese.

2. Add a slice of tofu, then a layer of cucumber, a layer of tomato.

3. Add a dash of peri peri sauce or chilli sauce. I used tomato sauce for my little one.

4. Add another layer of cheese. Cover with a slice of bread.

5. Toast in a sandwich maker or on stove top. I used the stove top this time as it was a bulky sandwich.

Enjoy with tea!



AGC are making Sandwiches this week. Check out the other AGC thoughout this week 
AnushaJayanthiKavithaPriya MRadhikaVeenaPriya S

11 comments:

  1. good one roshni; healthy platter there and the peri-peri sauce addition must have added that oomph !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Roshni, I was not aware that you had so many sandwich recipes in your space. No, just let go your hubby na, this truly does not sound like Indian. I love that peri-peri sauce that you had incorporated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peri peri.. what is that!!! I really need to get my hands on Peri Peri.. sucha fresh sandwich! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. a total crunchy munchy sort sandwich with that healthy element... yum yumm and yeah like Radhi said, i love the sandwiches on your space esp. the nutella strawberry one wink wink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice delicious and healthy sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow loving this sandwich recipe :) looks great

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peri Peri !!!??? I can say its a healthy one for sure...
    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont mind having this sandwich rite now even i have just finished my lunch,very tempting.

    ReplyDelete