Monday 9 September 2013

Dreamy Mocha Frappe - Healthy, No Artificial Sugar - Just 4 ingredients - Vegan

Frozen Bananas! My new addiction. I made a resolution a couple of weeks ago that I will have a smoothie everyday. So being a very optimistic person, I ordered 1/2 dozen bananas. Well, little did I know that I will be delivered bananas double the usual size nor did I know that my resolution would not even last a day.

After a week of sitting on the shelf, the banana was turning brown, nearing black. My husband threatened to chuck them away. I was first thinking of baking something like the banana cake. But I cannot use up 6 monstrous bananas. Moreover we were going to be out for a few days. So what is the point of baking right?

That is when I remembered lot of ppl freezing cut banana and making things with it. I did not know what I wanted to make. But I knew I will freeze it. I pealed the bananas and cut them into 1 inch rounds. Layered them on a baking sheet, covered it with cling film and stuck it into the freezer. Once frozen, you can store them in a ziploc bag. If you add it directly, it will all be stuck together. If you freeze and then store, it will remain separate.

This is the first thing I made, I have another one coming soon. I am making so many combos, not able to click most of the time.



Ingredients

Frozen Banana 15 pieces
Milk 1/2 cup (use soy milk for vegan)
Cocoa Powder 2 tsp
Coffee 1 tsp

Method of Preparation

1. In a food processor or a blender pulse all the ingredients until just combined.

And oh, adjust depending on how much cocoa and coffee you like. It does not have a very banana kind of taste. it will taste more like a Mocha!

4 comments:

  1. yummy recipe with frozen banana...

    ReplyDelete
  2. now i understand why this is dreamy. it s as easy as dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks really thick because of the bananas... would definitely try this...

    ReplyDelete