Wednesday 25 September 2013

Peanut Butter Cupcakes with Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - 500th post

Peanut Butter Cups from Reese's (Hershey) is a family favourite. So it is no surprise that when my husband travelled to US last week that was what my little one and I wanted for Sweeties. My little one calls it 'the american chocolate'. I wanted to make something special for my 500th post and when he landed a couple of days ago with a bag of these, I knew I wanted to bake with them. Totally loved it.



Now coming to the milestone. You know I love you all for staying with me, reading all that I write, trying recipes, giving me feedback, and encouraging me. It been amazing journey. Every Milestone that I achieve is special. Its almost going to be 2 years (well couple more months to go). And I have enjoyed this journey thoroughly. Thank You all.



This post also is for the Palooza ( AnuRadhika and Me) Theme this month of making a couple of things in the muffin/cup cake pan. I wanted to do something that is not a muffin or cupcake for that. But this fits so perfectly. The last one I do for that theme will defenitely be something different. I promise (well, I will try).



Recipe from here

Ingredients

All Purpose Flour 163 gms (11/4 cup)
Baking Powder 1 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp

Peanut Butter 2/3 cup
Butter 113 gms (1/2 cup)
Caster Sugar 150gms (3/4 cup)
Eggs 2
Vanilla 1 tsp
Milk 3 tbsp

Peanut Butter cups 12

Method of Preparation

1. In a bowl or stand mixer, add the peanut butter and butter. Cream them together.

2. Add sugar and beat till it is light and fluffy.

3. Add eggs one at a time and beat till combined.

4. Add the vanilla extract as well and mix.

5. Mix the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

6. Add the flour and milk to the bowl and mix till combined. Do not overmix.

7. Scoop into lined cupcake tray. Use an icecream scoop to easily scoop the batter.

8. Place peanut butter cups on each cake and gently press it in.

9. Gently cover the chocolate with the dough from around it.

10. Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F).

11. Bake for 23-25 min till well baked.

12. It tasted great as is. But if you are really interested you can make a simple glaze.

Add 1 tbsp of peanut butter, 2 tbsp of powdered sugar and 1 tbsp of milk. Mix it all together till nice and smooth.  This should be enough to glaze 3 cupcakes. Top it with some chopped Reese's Peanut Butter cups.

11 comments:

  1. wow yum cupcakes :) looks super cute and what lovely flavours congrats on your 500'th post :) way to go

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your 500th post :). you have been posting such amazing dishes & this one adds to the lovely long list.. though i am not a fan of peanut butter, this has been baked to perfection:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Roshni ! cupcakes sounds so good and delicious, perfect treat for celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Rosh,keep on going. Cupcakes with that peanut butter cups just makes me drool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on achieveing a milestone! looks yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats on your 500th post. cupcakes look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Roshni. Wishing many more successful years of blogging. Cup cakes sound simple and easy to bake as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations Roshni...Very happy for you...The cupcakes look very yummy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations Roshni! We started our blogs almost around the same time, and you are way, way ahead of me now!! I am so proud & amazed at your speed, dedication & the collection of recipes!! Keep it up girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats and yummy treat to celebrate :-)

    ReplyDelete