Saturday 21 September 2013

Vegan Pesto Potato Salad Sandwich



After making this Pasta (Creamy Cashew and Sun Dried Tomato Pesto Pasta), I had half of the sauce left over and I immediately made this sandwich. It was just wonderful. It holds well for a picnic or lunch box (even when packed inside a handbag)! I have to say, I am not sure if I enjoyed the pasta better or the sandwich. I will be making this often. Make the sauce and try both versions :-)



Sandwiches can be quite comforting and easy to prepare. And I have a love for these ciabatta rolls. I have to make them soon. These are store bought ones. Love the texture of the bread. They are great for any sandwich cause it absorbs the sauce well and the bread does not become soggy.



I have made this as part of this month's Palooza ! We are making a couple of Sandwiches and a couple of Muffin or Muffin Tray dishes. Stay tuned! AnuRadhika and Me

Ingredients

Cashew 3/4 cup
Garlic 2 pods
Sun Dried Tomatoes 3/4 cup (almost drained)
Cherry Tomato 1 cup
Basil 1/2 cup (packed)
Parmesan Cheese 1/2 cup (optional, I have not use it. just sprinkled on the top of the pasta at the table for whoever was interested in)
Red Chilli  Powder 1/2 tsp
Pepper 1/2 tsp
A little salt (remember the pasta will be salted)

To make Sandwiches

Ciabatta Rolls (or any bread) 6
Potato Boiled, pealed and cubed 4
Pesto Sauce 1/2 of above recipe
A little salt

Method of Preparation

1. Pulse the cashew in a food processor.

2. Add the rest of the ingredients and pulse till combined.

3. Boil potatoes. Peal them and dice them into small bits.

4. Toss it with 1/2 the recipe of the pesto sauce. Add some salt to taste.

6. Make sandwiches. The above will be enough to make 6 large sandwiches. So you will need 6 rolls.

1 comment:

  1. The pesto sauce and this sandwich are in my todo list...will be making soon..Now I am on the lookout for some filling sandwich recipes as my daughter doesn't want to carry rice dishes in her lunch box. This one really looks delicious Roshni

    ReplyDelete