Wednesday 23 October 2013

Blueberry Muffins



As I mentioned earlier, I recently discovered the website Joy of Baking. I made a Donut from that site earlier this year. One lazy afternoon, my son and I were sitting and trying to find out what to do. It so happens that on such days our choice is invariably baking. Quite interesting considering my history

The next step is of course telling him what ingredients are available at home and giving him choice of what he wants to eat. He chose Blueberries and I showed him this muffin and he said, this is it. So we were off to bake and eat! 



Check out the video recipe here.



Ingredients

Wet Ingredients
Large Egg 1, beaten
Plain Yogurt 1 cup
Vegetable Oil 1/3 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp



Dry Ingredients
All Purpose Flour 2 cups (260gm)
Granulated White Sugar 1/2 cup (100gm)
Baking Powder 11/4 tsp
Baking Soda 1/2 tsp
Salt 1/4 tsp

Blueberries 1.5 cups



Method of Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 190 C (375 F).

2. Line a muffin tray with paper liners.

3. In a bowl whisk the wet ingredients - egg, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract.

4. In another bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well.

5. Add the Blueberries and mix making sure not to break them.

6.Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix and fold till combined. It will be a fairly thick batter.



7. Using an icecream scoop (or a big tablespoon) scoop batter into the lined muffin cups.



8. Bake for about 15-20 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. I baked mine for about 17 min. I will probably bake them for another minute or so next time.



9. Transfer to a wire rack. Let it cool completely before serving. 

6 comments: