Tuesday 8 October 2013

Sweet Corn Sundal

Sundal forms an integral part of Navarathri in south India. When it comes to Sundal, the first thing that comes to my mind is dried lentils and legumes. Mostly salt version is  made with a few that are made as sweet versions as well. When challenged with making something different for Navarathri by my group AGC, I decided to make a sundal that is not made by my mom or for that matter, that I have never eaten before. This is unique because it is not made with dried stuff but with fresh vegetable! Hope you enjoy this sundal!



Ingredients

Frozen Corn 1 cup
Coconut 2 tbsp
Cumin 1/2 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Dry Red Chilli 1
Oil and Salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Steam corn in microwave for 2-3 min.

2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin, turmeric and red chilli.

3. When it sizzles, add the corn along with some salt. Stir well.

4. Cook in low flame for 2 min.

5. Add coconut and saute for 2 more minutes.

Corn Sundal is ready!

1 comment: