Wednesday 9 May 2012

Apple Fritters

I am a big fan of Pazham Pori (Banana Fritters). When I was paired with Harini last month for Blog Hop Wednesday, I saw these Apple Fritters in her site. I ended up making this Apple Raisin Oatmeal that week. I could not resist not making these. I changed from her bajji to using the batter same as Pazham pori.

I really loved these. The steamed apple was heavenly in the mouth.



Ingredients
Apple 1
Maida/All Purpose Flour 1/2 cup
Sugar 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
a pinch of salt

Oil for deep frying.

Method of Preparation

1. Mix the maida, sugar, turmeric and salt with little water to make a thick batter.

2. Slice the apple into small wedges.

3. Heat oil in a pan. Dip the sliced apples in the batter and fry them in the oil.

Serve with a hot cup of tea or coffee.


Sending this to Blog Hop Wednesday



Sending this to Lets cook fruits hosted by Radhika


Sending this to Bon Vivant - Fruit recipes


Sending this to Kerala Kitchen hosted by Jehanne


24 comments:

  1. That is one awesome snack... a wonderful alternative to banana..:)
    Superb..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wat an incredible fritters,wish to munch some rite now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicious and innovative recipe..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious Fritters...A lovely twist to the regular pazham pori

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's innovative.. looks yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look very inviting. Never heard of Apple Fritters before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks wonderful and I'm yet to try these out despite having heard of it many a times.

    Tickling Palates
    Event : Fruit Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey glad you picked up these fritters. I was just talking to a friend the other day about these fritters and how much we love them! Interesting adaptation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Uhhh.. nice crunchy snacks.. Looks lovely..Hey invite you to link up to my ongoing blog event on fruits

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am allergic to raw apple. This can work very well for me. Glad that I stopped by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apple fritters looks lovely!! That's a nice idea to impress kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy to munch..Healthy Fritters

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Looks great!
    http://followfoodie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice to see this recipe, bookmarked.
    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving your comment. For your valuable comment, I am offering few Mango Bread Laddoos.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woww.. they look perfect and tempting.. thanks for sharing :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  16. very nice snack ....they look awesome and delicious. Jayanthi (www.sizzlingveggies.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love pazham pori too, and I would definitely try the variety in using apple next time! Thanks for sending this lovely, popular snack to KK:-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. very lovely snack, delicious looking ones..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. i too tried in bake mothod..luks yum n iam sure tastes awesum

    ReplyDelete