Tuesday 4 March 2014

Chocolate Vanilla Marble Cake - Zebra Cake




Chocolate Vanilla Marble cake has been in my list of cakes for a long long time. Something about this simple butter cake is Magical. I found an interesting cake recipe and decided to follow it. This is my first cake/bake using the Bundt pan that I bought recently. I looked high and low for a decent priced Bundt pan and was glad when I found one in a nearby Supermarket.



As for the cake, it was so good, we just could not stop eating it. The beauty of the cake is in its simplicity. All buttery and melt in the mouth. And it gets even better. My husband asked me to bake this for sharing with his colleagues. I tried convincing him that the Chocolate cake was a better bet, but he wanted this one.


Now that I have tried the basic Vanilla and Chocolate Combination, I am determined to make a few variations of this cake. The ideas are running wild in my mind. Lets see which one gets picked next. May an eggless version?


Recipe from here

Ingredients

Butter 225 gms
Eggs 4
Sugar 225 gms
Self Raising Flour 225 gms
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
Milk 3 tbsp

Cocoa Powder 2 tbsp

Method of Preparation

1. In a mixing bowl add the softened butter and beat well.

2. Add sugar and mix till well combined.

3. Add the eggs and beat till it is light and fluffy.

4. Add the flour, vanilla and milk. Mix till combined.

5. You can skip all the above and add everything to the bowl and mix till combined as well.

6. Split the dough into 2 portions.

7. Add the cocoa powder to one portion and mix till combined.

8. Grease a bundt pan with butter and dust it with flour. You can also use a loaf tin or a 20 cm deep round pan.

9. Preheat oven to 180 C (356 F).

10. Add dollops of the white and the brown batter alternately till all the batter is finished.

11. With a skewer or a cake tester do a little swirl to get the pattern. Do not over do, otherwise the batter will get mixed.

12. Bake for 40 min (you may need 45-55 min. mine was done in 40 min). Just bake till a skewer inserted comes clean and the cake starts to pull away from the sides.

Note : When I baked second time, I baked a little longer than 40 min.

13. Let it cool in the pan for 5 min. Invert and cool on a wire rack till it is completely cooled.

Slice and serve! 

9 comments:

  1. I am drooling... the cake looks lovely and every time I see a cake made in the bundt pan, I want one... the pan and the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this marbled one is a stunner ! good one roshni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow such a wonderful cake!! Love the clicks

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love bundts... my bundt pan is the most used among all my cake pans, no risk of uncooked centers, easy to cut and all the more, it looks beautiful! the marble cake looks awesome... love it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. the all time favourite cake, looks so much better as a Bundt cake ! Lovely clicks, and very well baked cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just perfect and the cake has come out very well. Love bundt cakes as I find them charming than the round ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. G'day! I LOVE this Roshni and great photos too!
    I have very fond memories of bundt cakes...yours looks very moist!
    Cheers! Joanne
    http://whatsonthelist.net

    ReplyDelete