Friday 15 May 2015

Vegan Five Seed Wholewheat Pizza - Pizza gets a Super Healthy Makeover

Sometimes little things bring joy to life. For me baking and eating Super Healthy Pizza was the highlight of today. What can you say, I am a foodie and nothing can stop me from enjoying some good food and company on Friday.


My son loves Pizza. Another interesting thing is he loves Seeded bread A LOT! Yes, It had to be written in caps. So I decided to combine his love for seeded bread and pizza into one recipe. I have been baking with whole wheat flour for some time now and I have to say, I love it. It does not taste much different from plain flour and is healthier. So why not. I have baked with just whole wheat flour as well. Just takes a longer time to proof for me.


Ingredients

Whole Wheat Flour 2 cups 260 gms
Bread Flour (or APF) 2 cups 260 gms
Fast Action Yeast 1 (7g) packets
Salt 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tbsp
Warm Water/Milk11/2 cup (I used a little more than that)
Oil 2 tbsp plus a little to layer the top

Seeds
Sunflower Seeds 3 tbsp
Pumpkin Seeds 3 tbsp
Poppy Seeds 1 tsp
Black Sesame Seeds 2 tsp
White Sesame Seeds 2 tsp

Method of Preparation

1. Take flour in a big bowl. Add yeast, salt,sugar, seeds and oil. Mix well.

2. Add milk a little at a time and mix well till you get a spongy dough.

3. Apply a little oil on top. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and rest for about an hour till the dough raises to atleast double.

4. Punch out the air and knead a little.

5. Separate into portions. You can make 4 medium pizzas with this dough.

6. Dust the surface with some flour and roll the dough.

7. Brush with some olive oil. Preheat oven to 220 C. Baking time in my oven was about 10 min.



At this stage it all depends on what you want your pizza to be.

My pizza was going to be purely Vegan with no cheese. So I baked the bread as is. Once it came of the over it looked like this.



Topped it with some Vegan Pesto. Check out the recipe of my Pesto here. You will love it so much that you will be using when even and where ever you get a chance.

Then I topped it with some oven roasted Peppers and Onions (chopped peppers and onions with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt and pepper roasted at 200 C for about 20-25 min), Green Chillies and Aragula (Rocket).


I also made a version with cheese for my little one. In that case, after rolling out the pizza dough I added the pesto, mushroom and cheese. Baked it at 220 C for 10 min.


Hope you bake this bread and let me know what you made and how you liked it.

1 comment: