Wednesday 4 January 2012

Carrot Wheat Dosa

I tried a variation to the Wheat dosa this time by adding some grated carrots. My son really loved it. So I thought I will add a separate post for this. The below photo is a miny version I made for him. The other photos show the adult size :-)



Ingredients

Wheat Flour 1 cup
Rice Flour 1 cup
Carrots 6 
Salt

For Tempering
Channa Dal (this is not part of usual recipe and I once added it by accident. we all love it in the dosa)
Jeera 1 tsp
Hing - little
finely chopped green chillies, curry leaf, ginger

Oil for preparing dosa

Method of Preparation

1. Mix Wheat and Rice flour along with some salt with enough water to make a batter. The batter should slightly on the watery side. Let it sit for 30 min. I tried making it more watery this time than the my usual method. 

2. Grate the carrots and mix with the batter.

3. Heat oil in a kadai and add the channa dal. When it starts to brown, add Jeera, chillies, ginger, curry leaf and hing. When it sizzles, switch off.

4. Once cooled, add the tempering to the batter.

5. I poured the dosa batter randomly like I did for the rava dosa. Add some oil to it.


6. Turn over and cook the other side



7. Serve with chutney and molaga podi.





Sending this to Kids Delight Colour palatte hosted by Veena. Original event by Srivalli


8 comments:

  1. Very healthy and delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like to add 1-2 tsp of rava to the batter for crisp n yummy dosa...addition of carrots make it more healthy n tastee..

    Spicy Treats
    OnGoing Event ~ Dish It Out-Brinjal n Garlic

    ReplyDelete
  3. soooper tempting n healthy roshni..
    Wish you & your family a very happy new year...:)

    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  4. healthy n yummy dosa...nice pics..kids will love this......

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are one of my favorite dosas...though it's not very well liked by others at home...I like your addition of carrots to it..

    ReplyDelete
  6. sangee - adding rava is a new idea to me. will try next time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the ingredients. Healthy & tasty one :) You have a 'Happy blogger award' at my space. Grab it from this link: http://teenzyummydelights.blogspot.com/2011/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete