Tuesday 6 August 2013

Papaya Smoothie - Tropical Detox Smoothie

Papaya is a sweet, buttery tropical fruit. When raw, it is used in India to make side dishes. Ripe fruit can be eaten as is, or as a salad or in the form of Juice or Smoothie. The combination of papaya, yogurt, ginger and mint make this smootie a wonderful Detox Smoothie. It is quite filling and is great for your digestive system.



I have not used any sugar or sweeteners cause my Papaya was super sweet. Add some if need be. You can also optionally add some ice cubes to this. My husband preferred it with very less mint, but I loved it with loads. So adjust to your taste.



Ingredients (Makes 2 cups)

Papaya pealed and chopped 1.5 cups
Milk 1/4 cup
Yogurt 1/4 cup
Ginger 1 tbsp chopped
Mint 1 tbsp chopped (use less for milder flavour)

Method of Preparation

1. Add the ginger and mint to a blender and grind it.

2. Add the papaya and blend again. You can blend into coarse or smooth as per your preference.

3. Add milk and yogurt and give it a final blend. 

10 comments:

  1. Smoothie looks yumm, what a coincidence , I too made a same coloured drink but with diff fruits ... Today's post : http://nayanas-kitchen-kreations.blogspot.in/2013/08/carrot-apple-gingerale.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice smothie... pics are awesome.... I am yet to start with drinks and beverages in my blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginger and mint must have added a punch to the smoothie.. looks absolutely delectable!! Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic drink, love the ginger and mint addition here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so healthy and I like the added ginger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Papaya smoothie- has been on my bucket list forever. I tell you what! after seeing that first picture, i m going and buying myself a papaya. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Smoothie looks yum! I love the click

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely hue the smoothie has got.I simply love the first snap.

    ReplyDelete