Saturday 16 February 2013

Vegetable Pizza - 350th Post

I am glad to be posting my 350th Post today. Before I started blogging, I never used to bake and now I make a lot of things in my oven. Blogging does have advantages!! This Pizza features regularly at our house and we all love it. It is sooo easy to make and tasty too... You will never order a take out pizza.

I have a really crazy problem when it comes to making Pizza at home. I am lactose intolerant - which means no cheese for me.. I used to enjoy pizza so much before, but these days I am not so  keen. You can't blame me, can you? Then the other two ppl in my house. Husband wants a set of vegetables in his Pizza and little one wants pineapple, corn and cheese. Who would have thought a 3 year old would know exactly what he wants.

But guess what. I took care of this situation. Made the pizza dough with 3 cups of flour. Made a medium pizza with about half of that. Made two personal pizza with the rest of the dough. Though we did not finish the whole lot, we were all stuffed by the end of the meal.



Ingredients

Bread Flour (or APF) 3 cups
Fast Action Yeast 2 (7g) packets
(Note : though I used 2 pkts, now I use only 1 and I find it has a better taste. So use just one)
Salt 1 tsp
Sugar 1 tbsp
Warm Milk 11/2 cup (I used a little more than 11/4 cup)
Oil 2 tbsp plus a little to layer the top

Vegetables of choice
For Medium Pizza - I used a few slices of red pepper, green pepper, onions, some chopped sun dried tomatoes, chopped baby corn and mozerella cheese

For my personal pizza - i used about the same toppings as above without the cheese.

For my little ones pizza - i added chopped baby corn, pineapple (from can) and loads of cheese.

Method of Preparation

1. Take flour in a big bowl. Add yeast, salt,sugar and oil. Mix well.

2. Add milk a little at a time and mix well till you get a spongy dough.

3. Apply a little oil on top. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and rest for about an hour till the dough raises to atleast double.

4. Punch out the air and knead quickly. Take the required size of dough to make pizza. This will make 2 medium pizzas. As I said before I made 3 pizzas out of this. The method is same for both pizza. Timing will vary for both. I have given my timing below

5. Roll into a circle. Grease a Pizza tray with oil a little. Place the dough in it. With your fingers gently push the dough towards the edges. Keep the end a little thicker than the pizza. For the smaller pizza, I just used by cake tray.





6. Brush the pizza with a little oil and keep in a preheated oven for 5 minutes. I baked it at 220C. This is a trick I learned from Radhika to keep the pizza from getting all soggy. For smaller pizza, just keep for 2-3 min.

7. Take out. Time to top your base. Add a layer of pizza sauce. Add vegetables as desired and top with cheese. You can add dollops of tomato sauce on the top.





8. Bake @220 C for 15-20 minutes. Mine was done in 16 minutes. The smaller one was done in 10 minutes.






8 comments:

  1. First time here, you have a great space here :)
    Following you, glad if u do the same

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations at your 350th post... looking forward to more... :) the pizza looks yummy and cheesy...
    http://sweettoothraf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. All time fav for many of us. Looks so so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your milestone,yummy pizza :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply delicious cheesy pizza.... loved your clicks a lot....

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats.. delicious and yummy pizzas..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on ur milestone Ro,way to go gal.. Droolworthy yummy pizza;.

    ReplyDelete