Friday 2 December 2011

Methi Roti

I really love Methi in my roti. It is a simple change to the regular roti and flavour is amazing. It complimented my Methi Malai Mutter.


Ingredients

Whole Wheat Flour 2 cups
Methi leaves 1 cup (I used half a big bunch), finely chopped
Chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin 1 tsp
Turmeric 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Hing a little
Oil 1 Tbsp
Ghee for spreading on Roti.

Method of Preparation

1. Take all the ingredients in a bowl

2. Mix by adding water little at a time to make dough like for Chappati. Keep covered for a couple of hours. Split into 9 small balls.

3. Roll each ball into a circle like you do to make regular rotis.

4. I usually heat my roti directly in the flame to puff it up. But the methi will prevent the roti from puffing like that. So I rubbed a little oil on the surface and then folded and rerolled it.

5. Put in a hot tawa and cook on both sides till done. Add a little ghee on each side while cooking. The roti will puff up nicely in the tawa.

Just the smell of the roti will want to make you eat more.

9 comments:

  1. Proud of you rosh !! never thought you will cook these stuff ;-) good job ! keep it up !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sree. You know how lazy I used to be when it comes to cooking. But over the years I have learned to love cooking. I still remember the evening when we came back from office and you made me potato bonda cause i said i like it. miss you dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My absolute fav, love it with boondi raita :D
    USMasala

    ReplyDelete
  4. Methi roti looks super delicious..:) Lovely lovely roti..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  5. My fav..Looks soft & yummy!!
    Prathima Rao
    Prats Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roti looks perfect, love methi roti gives a very nice aroma:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Akka tell me how to make soft roti... It always hardens up whether i put ghee or not...my stove is electric so cant do direct flame.

    ReplyDelete