Wednesday 3 July 2013

Strawberry Mojito Mocktail - Strawberry Mint Lemonade - Happy Fourth of July!



Strawberries say summer here in UK as much as Mangoes say summer in India. Our son loves his strawberries and mangoes. So when it comes to making something with either of it, its quite hard. The box will be gone before I can think of what to make.



This week when I was ordering in Tesco (our local supermarket), I saw a nice big box of Strawberry. That gave me to the luxury to make this drink! Enjoyed it on a quite summer afternoon.



Red and Blue represent the colours from the US Flag. The stripes and stars quite beautifully represented with these colours. Though we do not live in US now, we have fond memories of all the celebrations we were part of. The firework displays in each and every town is so beautiful! My first outing in US was to NY a month after I landed in US. And I was lucky to see a beautiful display of fireworks with my friends.

Happy 4th of July Everyone!



Groovy Gourmets are making Summer Drinks this month from FoodGawker. I browsed thru a lot of recipes and found all the photos sooo inviting. Decided to make this cause of that box of Strawberry I had in the house.



Ingredients (Serves 6)

Strawberry 20
Mint 12 leaves
Lemon Juice 4 tbsp
Sugar as required
A pinch of salt
Water 4 cups



Method of Preparation

1. Make a puree of Strawberry and mint. I wanted to add some blueberries as well. The box got emptied in the morning :-)

2. Filter thru a sieve. I used one with a little bigger holes so that only the seeds get separated. If you want clear juice, use a sieve with tiny holes.

3. Add lemon juice, sugar, salt and water. Mix everything together.

4. Fill a glass with ice. Pour juice over ice.



This can be made into a cocktail as well by adding some Rum to it. 

11 comments:

  1. wow... love the snaps roshni... refreshing drink as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow inviting drink dear.. Nice mocktail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely clicks. looks so refreshing and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i badly need this now.. inviting color..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Refreshing lemonade.. looks tempting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. colorful & very refreshing drink...nice clicks too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks too good Roshni...nice clicks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Omg, stunning clicks and super refreshing mocktail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Roshni Chandrasekar pray Lord Almighty that i dont visit you while the berries are is season for there s a chance that i may demand this for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! The photos look so tempting. I have made guava mojito before with KDD Harvest’s guava juice. I followed similar procedure as yours. Never thought of using strawberries. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete