Sunday 7 July 2013

Masala Toast - Eggless Savoury French Toast - Vegan French Toast



I love French Toast. As many of you know I have developed an intolerance to egg and dairy. Which means French Toast is not something I can make for myself.

Ofcourse that does not mean that I will stop there, does it? I went ahead and made myself an awesome Masala Toast. Now I feel I like this even better than French Toast, ha ha!



Ingredients

Bread 6 slices

Besan/Chickpea Flour 1 cup
Rava/Semolina 1/2 cup

Hing a little
Red Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala 1/2 tsp
Salt

Onions 1 finely chopped
Carrots 2 finely grated
Coriander leaves 2-3 tbsp chopped
Green Chillies finely chopped (optional, i did not use it)

Butter for toasting

Method of Preparation

1. In a bowl mix the besan and rava. Add the hing, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and garam masala along with some salt.

2. Add the chopped onions, coriander leaves and grated carrots. Mix everything with your fingers.

3. Add enough water to make a watery batter. I added about 1.5 cups of water. Add 1 cup first. Then as you are making you might need to add the rest 1/2 cup.



4. Heat a tawa and keep ready.

5. Dip the bread in the batter. With your fingers, add some of the solids like the onions, rava etc to the bread on both sides.

6. Place on the tawa and cook on both sides adding a little butter as needed.

Serve as is or with some Ketchup

5 comments:

  1. french toast looks super delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm....one of my favorites...Looks yum Roshni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super delicious toast,prefect to start a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ate this once in a hotel and i tried at home with yogurt it was a disaster but now i understand that i dint add enough water! enlightened at last :)

    ReplyDelete