Tuesday 9 July 2013

Mini Apple Pie - Individual Serving Size - Perfect Party Treat!



Making these Apple Pies have been one of my best baking projects ever. Well, you might think it is cause of the taste. It tasted awesome and it was simple to make. But no, that was not why I am so happy today. We woke up early this morning and made these together. My husband, little one and I had a fun morning making these Super Cute Pies. When we were done, the house was smelling so good. Am feeling really happy.





You can choose to make your own pie crust. Its quite simple. Its just a question of mixing flour, butter and water. I just chose to use store bought one this time. Will make my own next time may be.

Avant Garde Cookies chose Pies and Tarts for this week. The moment I heard the theme, I had 2 options that I wanted to try. One was a savoury one and other was this Apple Pie.



For years, I have hated Apple Pies. Don't ask me why. I don't even think it was cause of its taste. As a result, I extended my dislike to all Pies. Then incidentally, I ate a Pecan Pie (from Costco) and fell head over heals in love with it. You might wonder then how I started liking Apple Pie. It is quite a silly way. I had an apple pie from McDonalds as there was not other option for me at that time. And I kind of liked it. Then I thought, if I can like something from McDonalds, then the real deal should be better. Ofcourse it was!



Recipe Source

Ingredients

Ready Roll Short Crust Pastry 2 packs
Green Apples (or any baking apple) 5
Sugar 3/4 cup
Cinnamon 2 tsp
Flour 6 tbsp



Method of Preparation

1. Preheat oven to 200C (400F). Keep a muffin tray ready. No need to grease or flour it.

2. Peal and dice the apple into small bits.

3. Add the sugar, cinnamon and flour to it and give it a toss.

4. Roll out the short crust pastry. If you are making your own dough, just roll it out. I just went for the easy way out and picked it up at the store.

5. Using a 9cm cookie cutter, cut out circles and place them on the muffin tray. Press each circle in muffin tins until all the way up each side, to form little bowls.

6. Spoon in the filling.

7. If you are closing with a lid, cut out another circle with a 7cm cookie cutter. Place on top and using a fork press on the sides to join. Don't forget the little + on the centre to let the steam out.

8. If you are making lattice, cut out 6 strips. Just weave them alternating the weave. Its very easy.

9. Brush with a little milk on top. You can do an eggwash if you choose.

10. Bake for 20 minutes till the top is evenly browned. We are looking for a pale brown colour.

11. Let it cool in the tray for 5 minutes. Then gently pop it out and cool in a wire rack for another 5-10 min.

Serve warm as is or with some Vanilla Ice cream.





Check out the other AGC thoughout this week 
AnushaJayanthiKavithaPriya MRadhikaPriya S

5 comments:

  1. Love these cuties, mini apple pies are my all time favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cooking, baking etc become fun when the whole family joins..I can understand how happy you must be feeling...
    The pies look very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  3. family bonding via baking or cooking - can't beat that one right ?? the pie looks yum and love the pics too rosh !

    ReplyDelete