Monday 1 July 2013

Ratatouille - Disney Ratatouille Recipe - 450th Post - Spaghetti with Ratatouille Sauce

Ratatouille is a French Dish made popular by the Disney Movie by the same name. The mouse cooking up Michelin rated food is cute to watch, but we should not imagine it beyond that. No seriously would you ever want to eat from a kitchen where there is a mouse present, let alone cook.



Anyways, I have never tasted this dish when we were in US. But is available in restaurants in UK and is a popular option for Vegetarians. 

Last month when Avant Garde Cookies decided to make dish starting with the first letter of your name,  I asked the question to my husband - suggest a dish which starts with 'R'. My little one immediately said - Rat. My husband finished it by saying - Ratatouille. And knew exactly what I wanted to make. But as you guessed, I could not make it that week. But I made it a week later. And one more time after that. And we could not stop making or eating it! It is sooo good.

So what I could not post this to represent my name, I can post it as my 450th post! Well I know it is not a big milestone.. Am eagerly looking forward to my 500th post! Here you go. Recipe video



Ingredients

Tomato Paste 200gm can
Onions 1
Garlic 10-12 pods
Oil 1 tbsp
Water 3/4 cup

Eggplant 1 sliced thinly
Zucchini  1 sliced thinly
Red Pepper 1 sliced thinly

Oil 3 tbsp
Thyme 8-10 sprigs

Salt and Pepper to taste



Method of Preparation

1. You will need a baking tray about 9*12 inches. Preheat the oven to 190 C (375 F).

2. Add the tomato paste, chopped onions, chopped garlic, 1 tbsp oil, salt, pepper and water to the tray. Mix everything well and spread it in a layer at the bottom of the tray.

3. Arrange the slices of eggplant, zucchini and pepper one after the other. Repeat till all the veggies are arranged and the tray is covered.

4. Drizzle 3 tbsp oil all over the veggies. You can use a pastry brush to evenly coat the oil too.

5. Separate thyme leaves as much as possible from the sprigs. Small bits are ok, just remove the big sticks. Sprinkle over the veggies. Sprinkle some salt and pepper as well.

6. Cover with a parchment paper (just over the veggies on the inside of the tray).

7. Bake for 45-50 min till the veggies are cooked well and nicely roasted.

Serve as a side or on a bed of couscous, quinoa, rice or pasta!

5 comments:

  1. i had heard about this sauce Rosh but never bothered to try it before. Feel inspired after seeing this! shall give it a shot soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. We mostly eat rice but this is a good chance. Its really inviting and love the zucchini, eggplant and beautiful tomato paste on top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its one of favourite food, my kids love it with rice and pastas..Have to make some soon..Congrats n ur 450th post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dish.. looks great.. Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on your 450.more to go akka

    ReplyDelete