Monday 21 January 2013

Mashed Potatoes with Cream Cheese

Every time we go to Nandos my husband and little one order Mashed Potatoes (along with the peri peri nuts. recipe here). Well, fries or chips (as it is called in UK) would probably be on top of list as well. But we decided that none of us will order it and that way the little one will not get tempted.

Though it not a difficult recipe, I am always sceptical of making Mashed Potatoes. Partly cause in most TV shows, they make a big deal out of it. The level of cooking of potatoes, the temperature etc.

My husband asked me again yesterday and I knew it was high time I made it.

For Week 2 of Avant Garde Cookies, as you know we go by secret ingredients. Veena gave me Cream cheese as ingredient. Well, it should have been easy to make. But somehow it was very complicated. As you know I cannot eat cheese and other 2 are not keen on anything sweet. So that rules out cream cheese frosting etc.

I came home with a box of garlic and herb cream cheese. That was consumed before I could make anything blog worthy by making sandwiches. May be I should have posted the sandwiches. Made so many of them... Veena, my son has been eating this for lunch every single day last week (and finishing the lunch box) :-)

Anyways, this is what I made eventually with it - Mashed Potatoes.



Ingredients

Potatoes 3
Milk/Cream 3-4 tbsp
Butter 1 tbsp
Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese 5 tbsp
Salt and pepper

Method of Preparation

1. Boil some water and add the potatoes to it. Cook for about 20 minutes till the potatoes are cooked.

2. Drain the water and leave the potatoes in the pot to dry up a little.

3. Peal the potatoes and mash it.

4. Add butter, cream cheese, milk/cream, salt and pepper.

5. Mix everything till the cheese is combined well.




AGC are going hush hush this week. Check out the other AGC thoughout this week 
AnushaJayanthiKavithaPriya MRadhikaVeenaPriya S

4 comments:

  1. looks delicious, got to try this for my lil one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mashed potatoes with cream cheese- i like that combo. looks swell rosh :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah! Finishing the lunch box is something that caught my attention and I'm gonna try with my kiddo. But you know ....he is of the kind "If everyone likes it...I don't" kind. Anyway the recipe is awesome and love it. Jayanthi(www.sizzlingveggies.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tasted Mashed potatoes except for the tamil podimaas style! Cream cheese in potatoes would taste amazing!

    ReplyDelete