Thursday 29 December 2011

Omapodi

Omapodi is a easy to make snack. It has a melt in the mouth texture. I made salt version. You can add some chilli powder to the dough to make a spicy version as well.



Ingredients

Besan (Chickpea Flour) 1 cup
Rice Flour 2 tbsp
Ajwain powdered 1/2 tsp
Butter 1-2 tbsp
Salt

Method of Preparation

1. Mix Besan, Rice Flour, Ajwain, butter and salt in a bowl.

2.Mix by adding water little at a time to make dough like chappati

3. Make a ball with it and put it in the Nazhi (the equipment) with the correct chip.

4. Heat oil in a Kadai and press down the dough into the oil.

5. Cook till it is slightly browned. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Repeat for the rest of the dough

Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

  1. I'll happily have this ompodis for my snacks with a cup of tea,lovely crispies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never tried this on my own . looks super crispy.wish u all a very happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very easy n tasty snack, my all time favourite....perfectly done dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MY favourite....PERFECT 4 KIDS AS A SNACK

    WISHING U HAPPY NEW YEAR

    ReplyDelete