Thursday 19 April 2012

Paneer Parata

After making Kadai Vegetables, I had some paneer left and decided to make some paratas with it. As I was already in Radhika's site for the recipe of the gravy, I checked her parata recipe as well. I usually make Paneer Parata like Aloo Parata as a stuffed parata. I liked this variation a lot. I think I will stick to making Paneer paratas like this.




Ingredients

Whole Wheat Flour 1 cup
Paneer 1 cup

Spices - You can use chilli powder, cumin and turmeric powder. I saved 1 tsp of the powder from the Kadai Paneer recipe and used that

Salt to taste
Ghee for cooking

Method of Preparation

1. Take wheat flour in a bowl.

2. Crumble paneer and mix well to the flour.

3. Add the spices and salt and mix well.

4. Make a dough with enough water.

5. Split into 8-10 balls and make paratas with them by applying ghee on both sides while cooking.



Enjoy with a side dish of choice. It goes well with yogurt and pickles.

6 comments:

  1. Paneer paratha are always my fav, well done ROshni.

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a nice and simple paratha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love paneer parathas.. i made aalo yesterday :)


    Ongoing Event : WTML

    ReplyDelete
  4. delicious looking paratha..love it dear..:)
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have tried it this way too...the parathas come out really soft...but taste wise I prefer the stuffed ones...Your pic looks very yum and delicious

    ReplyDelete