Tuesday 10 April 2012

Soya Poha

As you read in my post for Soya Pulao and Kofta, I got myself some soya chunks. My son loved it so much when I used it in the soy pulao preparation. I decided to throw some in when i made poha. A nice addition to my poha.

I usually make all my upma varieties with a lot of vegetables. Sometimes, many of my tiffin items have more vegetables that the main ingredient itself.



Ingredients

Poha/Aval 2 cups
Soya chunks 1 cup
Mixed Vegetables 2 cups
Onion 1 big
Green Chilli 1
Ginger 1 inch
Curry Leaves Few
Mustard 1/2 tsp
Channa Dal 1 tsp
Split Urad Dal 1 tsp
Peanuts 1 tbsp
Cumin 1 tsp
Turmeric 1 tsp
Hing a little
Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
Lime Juice 2 tbsp



Method of Preparation

1. Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard.

2. When it sputters, add the Channa dal, Urad dal and Peanuts.

3. When it starts to brown, add the cumin, turmeric, hing, green chilli, ginger and curry leaves.

4. Add the onions and saute till it starts to brown.

5. In the meanwhile, get the poha ready. Mine just requires a little washing under the tap in a sieve.

6. Boil some water and add the soy chunks for 5 minutes. Switch off and drain. Keep ready.

7. Once the onion is ready, add the vegetables and soy chunks.

8. Add some salt and chilli powder. Mix well.

9. Finally add the poha. Mix and switch off.

10. Add the lime juice at the end.

Super healthy breakfast which will leave the kids asking for more.... Sending this to the Toddler Healthy Breakfast/Dinner (Nithu's event) hosted by me this month


12 comments:

  1. interesting combo...
    looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting and looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unique recipe looks so yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a nice recipe with soya..though i love soya, my family says no..so all i can do for now is just to drool over ur pics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ramya, try the kofta recipe in my blog. It uses soya and hides it well... also, i used to not like soya a long time ago.. then realized that it is because I did not squeeze out the water entirely (i mean really really squeeze it). Try doing that if that changes their mind

      Delete
  5. First time to your blog..Soya poha looks yummy. Following uuuuuu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quite a healthy and interesting poha..lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yummy soya poha dear....really unique one...

    ReplyDelete
  8. such and interesting twist on the traditional!

    ReplyDelete
  9. u have made the poha so much more healthier :)

    Ongoing Event : WTML

    ReplyDelete