Monday 21 May 2012

Pineapple Sheera

I had some Pineapple (canned) that I bought to top my son's pizza. I did not want to sit in the fridge and go bad. When I was making some Kesari today, I thought why not add the Pineapple to it and convert into Pineapple Kesari (Sheera).

So here you go.. Hope you like it




Ingredients

Rava (Sooji) 1 cup
Pineapple chopped finely 1 cup
Sugar 3/4 cup (I felt it was a little less sweet, could have used 1 cup, but my husband found 3/4cup correct)
Cardamom powder 1/2tsp
Cashews few
Raisins few
Orange food colour a pinch
Melted Ghee 1/2 cup





Method of Preparation

1. Heat a pan and add the rava. Roast it for a little bit and keep aside.

2. In the same pan, add a tbsp of ghee and fry the cashews. Keep aside. Fry the raisins and keep it with the cashews.

3. In the same pan, heat 2 cups of water. When the water boils, add the roasted rava. Cook till the rava is done, stirring continuously. This will only take a few minutes.

4. Add the sugar, pineapple (I took a a few chunks and made a paste of it and added along with the other chucks), cardamom, food colour and some ghee. The sugar will make it watery again. Still till all the sugar is melted and it starts to thicken again. After adding the sugar, do a taste check to see if you need more sugar.

5. Keep stirring till it starts to leave the pan. Add the remaining ghee little at a time in between.

6. Garnish with the cashews and raisins




Sending this to Lets cook fruits hosted by Radhika


Sending this to Bon Vivant - Fruit recipes

11 comments:

  1. this is new to me.. must be very delicious.. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sheera looks delicious. nice presentation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can you send me the link to your blog... I am not able to get to it

      Delete
  3. nice colour and delicious halwa..lovely clicks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely presentation n yummy sheera with pineapple:-)

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempting and yummy looking sweet....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pineapple kesari sounds so yummy n tempting...nice presentation!
    Spicy Treats

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely presentation Roshni.. sheera looks super delicious and droolworthy.

    ReplyDelete