Wednesday 2 May 2012

Vegetable Lo Mein/Noodles

We are big fans of Indo Chinese food. I always look forward to eating some when we go to restaurants. Since I started blogging, the whole going to the restaurant has lost its charm. Do check out the Gobi Manchurian and Vegetable Fried Rice recipes in my blog.



Ingredients

Spaghetti 1/4kg (I had a 1kg packet and used 1/4 of it)
Vegetables
               I used 3 carrots, 1 cup of Shredded cabbage, 1/2 cup peas and 1 onion sliced. I would have liked to use peppers and some scallions. Did not have any.
Soy Sauce 2 tsp
Chilli Sauce 1 tbsp
Ginger 1 inch piece sliced
Garlic 4 pods sliced

Oil and Salt to taste



Method of Preparation

1. Heat water in a pot and cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the packet.

2. In a pan, heat oil till it is smoking. Add the onions, ginger and garlic. Saute for a minute.

3. Add the rest of the vegetables. Saute for 4 minutes.

4. Add the soy sauce and chilli sauce. Mix and cook for another minute.

5. Add some salt and the cooked noodles. Toss well. Garnish with scallions if using.



9 comments: