Tuesday 15 May 2012

Achari Gobi

I tried this recipe as a change to the usual saute onion/tomato add vegetable recipe.

I used homemade garlic pickle that my MIL had made for us when we came back from India. Once this batch is over, I am planning to make some myself. I will post the recipe for that.

You can use either garlic or lemon pickle. As I used garlic pickle, I added lime juice at the end. If you are using lime pickle, add some garlic along with the onions.



Ingredients

Cauliflower Florets 2 cups
Onion 1
Tomato 2
Garlic Pickle 4 tbsp
Cumin 1 tsp
Lime juice 1/2 lime

Oil and salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Stream the cauliflower in a microwave for around 5-7 minutes.

2. Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped onions.

3. Once it is starts to brown, add the tomatoes.

4. Once tomatoes are cooked, add the garlic pickle and mix well. The quantity added depends on your taste and the pickle you are using.

5. Mix well and add the steamed cauliflower. Mix and cook for a few more minutes.

6. Switch off and add some lemon juice to it. 

11 comments:

  1. Using pickle sounds good Roshni. I love cauliflower in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yum innovative one with pickle,spicy n delicious!!

    Join me(Erivum Puliyum)
    in the following ongoing events-
    Show me Your HITS -Iron Rich Foods
    EP Series-Ginger or Pepper Corns

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!!achari gobhi..looks delicious and very flavourful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply loved the addition of pickle, fingerlicking achari gobi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. adding garlic pickle is a great idea. the gobhi looks irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow healthy n yummy pickle,luks delicious...

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..acahari gobi looks very very delicious !!!!

    http://www.onlyfishrecipes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice recipe..thx for inviting me...ur recipes are different...where r u from...i tot south but after gong thru the recipes i have to ask u....great recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a tamilian from Kerala.. you are from Kerala aren't you?

      Delete