Saturday 17 November 2012

Pepper and Corn Pulao

Have you ever started cooking and then decided what you are making as you cooked along. It happens to me many times. This is one of the times I really loved myself for this.

I started with some peppers and had rice in the cooker. I had a few different other veggies out and some powders and sauces out. Finally it hit me like a brain wave and I discarded all that just added some corn and pav bhaji masala. It was soooooooo good.... we just could not stop eating this. I highly recommend trying out this super simple, flavourful and healthy rice.



Ingredients

Basmati Rice 2 cups
Green pepper 1
Yellow pepper 1
Corn 1.5 cups
Pav Bhaji Masala 2 tsp
Onions 2
Peanuts 1/4 cup

Oil and salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Pressure cook the rice with enough water and keep ready.

2. Heat oil in a pan. Add peanuts and fry till it starts to brown.

3. Add sliced onions and saute till it starts to change colour.

4. Add sliced peppers and saute. You can choose any colour pepper. Having a yellow or red pepper adds a different taste to the rice.

5. Add the corn. I used frozen corn. I did not thaw it. Just added as is. Mix well.

6. Add salt and pav bhaji masala. You can add any masala here like aachi biriyani masala or kitchen king or even garam masala.

7. Once all the veggies are cooked to your taste, switch off and mix the rice.

Enjoy! be warned, this is super addictive. Though it sounds simple, you will not be able to stop eating it.

2 comments: