Thursday 15 December 2011

Lemony Channa Sundal

We had a lot of bits and pieces left in the house to eat for lunch. So I just wanted to make something healthy to go with it. So I chose to make a sundal with Channa Dal. This is a slight variation from the usual sundal.


Ingredients

Channa Dal 1 cup
mustard 1/2 tsp
jeera 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
hing

Coconut 1/4 cup
Green Chillies 2-3 finely chopped
Ginger a small piece finely chopped
Curry leaves few
Coriander leaves
Lime or lemon juice 2 tbsp

Oil and Salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Cook the Channa dal with enough water. Mine becomes mushy if I pressure cook with whislte on. So I just cook in pressure cooker without whistle. Check in between to make sure it is not becoming mushy. You can also add some salt to the water.

2. In a pan, add some oil and the mustard seeds to it. When it sputters, add the jeera. When it starts to sizzle, add the chillies, ginger, curry leaves, turmeric and hing.

4. After a few seconds, add the cooked channa dal and coconut and required salt.

5. Stir and cook for a couple of minutes. Switch off gas and add the coriander leaves and lemon juice and stir.

Delicious sundal is ready to be served. It can be eaten as a snack or used as a side for rice or roti.

4 comments:

  1. I dont know if you noticed .. this is your 51st post ... yayyyy!!! way to go Rosh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super delicious sundal,congrats Roshni,keep on rocking..

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good yummy recipe. Thanks for sharing

    u r invited to participate in my blog's first ongoing event.do read the terms and participate for sure.
    http://dashamiscollection.blogspot.com/2011/12/announcing-1st-event-on-my-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys for all your comments. Sasi, I did not realize I reached the 50 landmark till you pointed it out :-) Will have to make something special for my 100th post

    ReplyDelete