Monday 20 August 2012

Vegetable Manchurian

Another Indo-Chinese Preparation from my kitchen. This time I decided to do the Manchurian with vegetables. I did not quite have all the vegetables that I wanted. I would have liked some cabbage and spring onions. But this was good never the less... try your choice of vegetables.



Ingredients

For Manchurian balls
Cauliflower 1 small chopped
Carrots 3 chopped
Green Pepper 1
Maida 3/4 cup
Bread Crumbs 3/4 cup
Corn Flour 1 tbsp
Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Salt a little

For Gravy
Red Pepper 1
Onions 2
Soya Sauce 3 tbsp
Tomato Chilli Sauce 1/2 cup (I used 1/4 cup tomato chilli sauce and 1/4 cup tomato ketchup so that it is mild for my little one)
Corn Flour 2 tbsp

Other ingredients to add (I skipped)
Garlic 6 pods sliced
Ginger 1 inch piece sliced
Red Chilli Flakes 1 tsp

Method of Preparation

1. Chop all the vegetables finely. I used only half the green pepper. reserved the rest for the gravy.

2. In a bowl mix maida, bread crumbs, corn flour, chilli powder and salt. remember bread crumbs might also have salt in it.

3. Mix in the vegetables and add water little at a time and make a dough. Roll into small balls. I made about 25 balls. This might sound like a lot. Believe me you will eat quite a few before it gets to the gravy...



4. Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry them a few at at time. I used a big pan and fried about 8 at a time. Cook in medium flame as you do not want the outside to brown and inside dough to be half cooked.

5. Drain into a tissue paper and keep aside. Just look at this golden beauties.. are you not tempted to grab a few?



6. In a small bowl, add the corn flour (2tbsp) and add a cup of water. Combine well. Combine the soy sauce, chilli sauce to the same bowl. Keep aside

7. In another pan, heat a little oil. When it starts to smoke, add the ginger, garlic and chilli flakes (if using). Add the onions (sliced) and saute for 3 minutes in high heat.

8. Add the sliced green pepper and red pepper. Saute for another 3 minutes.

9. Add the combined sauce. Add some salt if needed. Bring to boil and simmer for 2 more minutes. Add more water if you need a gravy.

10. Add the fried vegetable balls and mix well.

Garnish with spring onions for the perfect taste. I did not have any :-( Still it tasted good.

Don't forget to check the other Indo Chinese recipes in my blog

Gobi Manchurian
Vegetable Lomein - Noodles
Vegetable Fried Rice

9 comments: