Tuesday 2 October 2012

Cabbage Stir fry

This is a version of Cabbage that I make and eat as a salad. My husband does not quite like it cause of the big sized cabbage pieced and part cooked taste of it. Those are the reasons I love it. So I make this when I am just cooking for me. This is super easy to make once the cabbage is cut. Will be ready in minutes.



Ingredients

Cabbage 1 cup
Curry Leaf few
Green chilli 2
Jeera 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Garlic 2 pods

Oil and salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Rough chop the cabbage. Finely chop the garlic or make paste.

2. Heat oil in a pan. Add the garlic. When it sizzles, add the jeera, curry leaf, turmeric and green chilli.

3. When they sizzle, add the chopped cabbage and salt. Mix well.

4. Cook for a few minutes. Switch off. I was looking for a crunchy cabbage. Cook more if you want it to be well cooked.


Linking this to South Indian Cooking - Event by Anu, Hosted by Sangee

7 comments: