Friday 19 October 2012

Eggless Banana Raisin Loaf Cake

For the second week this month, AGC are going Hush Hush. My partner for this month, Radhika gave me a cake with banana. :-) She is one who has always inspired me to bake especially with her Lets Bake event and also answering all my questions :-) Thank you Radhika for all the help so far.

When I looking for recipes to make an eggless banana cake, I looked all around. Then I thought - Radhika was not being fair. How can she give me a thing to make that she herself has not made. Then I decided to check at her blog again. And guess what, it is there. I just followed her recipe and baked this awesome cake.



Ingredients

Bread Flour (you can use APF) 11/4 cup
Salt 1/4 tsp
Baking Soda 1 tsp

Banana 2
Sugar 1 cup
Oil 4 tbsp (you can use melted butter as well)
Curd/yogurt 2 tbsp

Milk 1/4 cup
Vanilla Extract 1 tsp

Raisin 1/2 cup



Method of Preparation

1. Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease a loaf pan.

2. Sift the flour, salt and baking soda. Keep ready.

3. In a mixing bowl, add the mashed banana, sugar, oil and yogurt. Mix well. I mashed with a spoon and then went in with the hand mixer.

4. Now add the milk and vanilla extract. Mix well.

5. Add in the dry ingredients. Mix well.

6. Now finally fold in the raisins. You can add tutti fruity or nuts as well.

7. Pour into the baking tray and bake for 40 minutes.

8. Let it cool completely and then slice and enjoy.






Check out the other AGC thoughout this week 
AnushaJayanthiKavithaPriya MRadhikaVeenaPriya S

Linking this to What's with my cuppa - Event by Nupur

Linking this to I Love Baking

13 comments:

  1. Lovely bread.. I have always been fan of Banana breads, nice way to use up all your leftover bananas..

    thanks for linking to the event !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect Bake Roshni. Look at those browned top. Awesome po. Now you can have another cake other than the mango cake in your recipe index. What say??

    ReplyDelete
  3. tht's a chunky bake roshni; nice colour to the cake; bet the raisins in it must have tasted swell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice and moist banana cake..nice colour!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious and moist, i love the lovely flavor of bananas and the aroma it gives while baking

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love banana in baked items and this looks superb..:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woww.. looks simply amazing and delicious.. perfectly done :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, look at that cake. I love the color of your crust. Nicely done.Jayanthi(www.sizzlingveggies.com)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a lovely and super moist loaf..Loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy looking, love the color of the bake.

    ReplyDelete