Friday 25 November 2011

Masala Raita

I made this raita for the first time a couple of weeks back. That was a bad day for my blogging. I made some paratas and raita, took pics. I was downloading some other photos and deleted the whole lot. I felt so sad after that. My husband was trying to be supportive - you can make paratas again next week. But I really had some good photos that day. :-(

So I made the raita again yesterday to go with my Peas Pulao. Parata is still in waiting list.

Unlike the usual raita, this one uses cooked onion and tomato.

I read this in some blog a long time ago. Cannot remember where I read it :-(



Ingredients

Onion 1 small, cut into small pieces
Tomoto 2, , cut into small pieces
Yogurt (curd) 1.5 cup
chilli powder 1tsp

Oil and Salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Heat oil in a pan and add the add the onion and sauté till it is slightly browned.

2. Add the tomatoes, chilli powder and salt.

4. Cook till the tomato is well done.

5. Cool and add the yogurt. Mix and serve.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely raita, can have it even with rotis..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masala raita looks delicious..:) Loved the idea dear..:)
    Deleting good photos happens all the time... don't worry dear. Next time when you take the pics it will be better than the first time..:)
    Thanks for your comment in my blog, otherwise I would have missed your homely blog..:)
    Welcome to this lovely world of blogging... I am sure in no time you will become a "Super Duper blogger" in no time...:)
    Glad to follow u..:)
    Happy blogging..
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys. Am glad to see you in my blog. And thanks for the encouragement Revathi.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masala raita looks spicy n delicious..:)i`l try this one

    ReplyDelete