Sunday 17 June 2012

Microwave Palkova - happy father's day!

Palkova is a very popular milk sweet. It is my dad's favourite sweet. My husband loves it too. So I thought what better to make for Father's day than Palkova. I wish my dad were here with us to share this.... Next time he comes to stay with us, I am definitely making it.



Palgova involves stirring milk for a long time till it thickens into a solid. It takes an hour or so usually and involves continuous stirring. When I saw the recipe for Microwave Palkova in Vardini's site, I knew I had to try it. Check her site for step by step illustrations. Super easy recipes with just 3 ingredients

The background is a tie made by my son for my husband!

Ingredients

Sweetened Condensed Milk 1 can (i had a 400gm can)
Curd/Yogurt 2 tsp
Ghee 1 tsp

Method of Preparation

1. Take all the above ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. I used a big pyrex bowl .The bowl should be deep as the milk will keep boiling over.

2. Heat for 2 minutes. Keep an eye on it all the time. If it rises, take out and stir and continue with the minute.

3. Do it again for 1 minute. Stir and put it back in. Keep doing this till your palgova attains a grainy texture and is not watery.

4. Microwave times will vary. Vardhini in her post mentions 5 minutes. It took me 8 minutes. Keep in mind that it hardens when it starts to cool. So you want it to be a little bit guey when you stop stirring.

15 comments:

  1. Perfect treat for Father's day. Looks inviting Roshni.

    Vardhini
    Event: Kid's Delight

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!
    http://www.followfoodiee.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So tempting Roshni and the tie looks very beautiful. This sweet will always be my favorite as this was the first thing that I made in my new microwave.

    ReplyDelete
  4. easy recipe... this is something new, i'll try soon and let u know... :) btw, nice and cute tie...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tempting me......

    http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious Palkova...the microwave method makes it really easy

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking very delicious... tempting

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is interesting recipe. very tempting

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry Roshini..I missed linking it to bloghop. Have Blogged about it here
    http://veenasvegnation.blogspot.in/2012/06/microwave-paalkova.html
    It was truly out of the world.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. yummy n superb....like the MW version....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, I made this..super easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Microwave Palkova recipe is looking very attractive and good tasty. Here new Microwave recipes are very healthy and easy to prepare.

    ReplyDelete