Tuesday 5 June 2012

Paneer Gulshan

Milk is sold in cans here and we are not much of milk drinkers. I always buy a couple of cans for a coffee or tea. As we are not regular coffee/tea drinkers, I always end up with milk about to expire.

Now that I started making paneer, I need not worry. At the end of the week, I convert all the left over milk into Paneer and start working on some dish.

When Kaveri blogged this recipe from Radhika's site, I knew I had to try it. I had bookmarked it. Now was the time to try it. Thank you guys for the recipe. It was out of the world.

I did not deviate much from Radhika's recipe. I did not let my paneer set enough. Used it kind of immedietly. So it kind of started crumbling. Otherwise a perfect dish.

Updated photo




Ingredients

Paneer 1 cup cut into slices (use light;y fried tofu for a vegan version)
Onion 2 big chopped
Tomato 3 chopped
Green Pepper 1 Sliced
Red Pepper 1 Sliced
Ginger 1 inch piece
Garlic 8 pods
Chilli Powder 1tsp
Coriander Powder 1 tsp
Channa Masala 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Cumin 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves for Garnish

Oil and Salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Grind the Ginger and Garlic into a fine paste.

2. Heat oil in pan. Add the onions. Saute till it starts to brown.

3. Add the ginger and garlic paste, salt, Chilli Powder, Coriander Powder, Channa Masala and Turmeric Powder. Cook for a minute.

4. Add tomatoes and peppers. Sprinkle some water. Cover and cook for a few minutes.

5. Add the paneer and coriander leaves. Stir and cook for a couple more minutes.

Serve with warm rotis




14 comments:

  1. wow..it really looks yummy.. loved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Roshini ,

    Paneer gulshan loooks delicious

    Tempting Roshini :)

    http://www.southindiafoodrecipes.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds delicious....perfect with roti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. interesting name, looks totally delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks absolutely delicious..loved it!
    Spicy-Aroma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish to have this yummy paneer gulshan with rotis for my dinner tonite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. never tried this before... bookmarking... it looks great to go with rotis

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely side-dish for chapati.. glad to follow you.. do stop by mine sometime..

    http://jopreet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Roshini,

    Thank you for your visit to my blog and

    thank you for your valuable comment on my post.

    I wish your regular support to me Roshini :)

    Keep on...

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is really awesome. mouth watering

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am yet to try this recipe, yours looks very delicious...

    Spicy Treats

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow...lovely name for the dish....very new to me....superb

    ReplyDelete