Wednesday 11 July 2012

Vegetable Cutlet

Cutlets bring back memories of when we were in college. There were few snacks we used to just love eating when we hung out in the college canteen. Pazham Pori, Vazhakka Bajji, Parippu Vada and Vegetable Cutlet are few of them. I am paired with Vidhya for this month's blog hop. When I saw the recipe in Vidhya's blog, I decided to give it a shot. I saw so many recipes that I really loved in her blog.



Ingredients (Makes about 12 cutlets)
Carrots 2
Peas 1/2 cup
Beans 10
Potato 2
Green chilli 1
Pepper few
Fennel seeds 1/2 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Cloves 2
Garlic 6 pods
Ginger 1 inch piece
Onion 1
Curry leaves few
Garam masala 1 tsp

Maida for dipping. I did not use eggs.
Bread Crumbs 1 cup

Oil and salt to taste


Method of Preparation

1. Chop the carrots, beans and potatoes. Pressure cook with very little water. I added a little too much water and struggled while trying to roll the cutlets. Drain the water.

2. Make a paste of Green chilli, Pepper, Fennel seeds, Turmeric, Cloves, Garlic and Ginger.

3. Heat oil in a pan. Add the onions and curry leaves. Saute till it browns.

4. Add the paste and saute for a couple of minutes.

5. Add the cooked vegetables, garam masala and salt. Mix well and cook till all the water is drained.

6. Roll into small balls.

7. Mix Maida with a little water and keep in a plate. Keep Bread crumbs in a plate.

8. Dip the rolled balls after flattening a little in the maida mix and then in the breadcrumbs.

9. Shallow fry till both sides are nice and brown.



Linking this to Blog Hop Wednesday - Recipe by Vidhya

Linking this to Toddler Snacks - Event by Nithu, hosted by Pari


26 comments:

  1. nice and crisp cutlets..addition of fennel in cutlet is new to me..

    ReplyDelete
  2. crispy cutlet is perfect with cup of tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. very crispy cutlet.. perfect snack..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy cutlets...I too remember gorging on yummy cutlets, parippu vadas and puffs from the nearby bakeries in the college campus :) Good old days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice cutlets.. nice outer covering..brings a lot of memories too
    Noel collections

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice and perfect cutlet.. yummy teatime snack..
    http://indiantastyfoodrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them and seeing this just made me so nostalgic Roshni.

    ReplyDelete
  8. veg cutlets looks perfect. nice one

    ReplyDelete
  9. just need a cup of tea ..cutlets have lot of nostalgic memories in my life too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect Cutlets! good clicks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow perfect and delicious cutlet,carving for this now:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ah, I love cutlets too... been a while since I made these. You reminded me, will cook them up sometime soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very tempting, looks so perfect in shape and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum- loved the texture and the crispy look of the cutlets

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh .. I love the perfect brown top of ths Cutlet .. good you enjoyed this :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Reminds me of rbi cutlets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Reminds me of rbi cutlets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reminds me of rbi cutlets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Reminds me of rbi cutlets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reminds me of rbi cutlets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect cutlets... it's tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Roshni,
    Nice cutlet, looks good. Pls update your post with the logo and let me know. Thanks for linking it to Healthy Food For Healthy Kids.
    Foodelicious
    ‘ONLY’ Microwave Cooking & Cookbook Giveaway
    Healthy Food For Healthy Kids- Preschooler Snacks

    ReplyDelete