Friday 13 January 2012

Coriander Parata

I am on a mission to try simple things to make my everyday roti special. This is yet another parata I tried from the Tarla Dalal book that I own. I cannot believe that I had this book for 5 years and I am making many of these things only now.

It was a big hit in the house. Couple of other roti/parata that I tried recently from that book are Ajwain Parata and Kashmiri roti. We loved all of these and the best part, it takes less than 5 min more from your regular roti to these special rotis.



Ingredients

Wheat Flour 1 cup
Salt
Little oil

For Stuffing
Corriander leaves 1 cup chopped (loosely packed)
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies finely chopped 3
Besan 1 tbsp

Method of Preparation

1. Mix the wheat flour, salt and a little oil. Make dough like you will for normal roti.

2. In a bowl mix all the ingredients for the stuffing. The recipe did not mention the next step. I did it to bring together the ingredients.

3. Pulse in a mixie and then divide into 4 portions.

4. Make 4 balls out of the dough. Spread one and apply a little oil on it.

5. In the centre spread one portion of the stuffing diagonally.

6. Roll like a cigar so that the stuffing is inside the cigar along its length.

7. Now roll the cigar like a rope.

8. Flatten and roll again. The circle will be smaller than usual roti.

9. Put in a tawa and cook by applying ghee on both sides.

Enjoy with side dish of your choice. We had it today with Paneer Kurma



6 comments:

  1. I love parathas..but never tried this one..it was yummy dear

    happy pongal n 2 ur family also

    ReplyDelete
  2. superb paratha with coriander

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious paratha and stuffing is inviting,will try it soon.Following you dear,please do drop at my space.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat a flavourful paratha, well done Roshni..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Flavorful n healthy parathas,great filling too,platter looks inviting dear!!

    ReplyDelete