Sunday 8 January 2012

Simple carrot curry

This simple carrot curry was one of my pregnancy favourite. My son enjoys it a lot with rasam rice. I also like it a lot these days.



Ingredients

Carrots 8
Onion 1
Mustard 1/2 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Jeera 1 tsp
Turmeric 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Hing a little
Curry Leaves few

Oil and Salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Heat oil in a pan. Add the mustard. When it sputters, add the urad dal.

2. When it starts to brown, add the jeera, turmeric powder, hing nad curry leaves.

3. When it sizzles, add the chopped onions and saute till it starts to brown.

4. Add the carrots and saute till it is almost cooked.

5. Add the chilli powder and salt and toss for a couple more minutes.

Serves perfect with Rasam Rice. When I make primarily for my son, I skip the onion and chilli powder.

3 comments: