Sunday 25 December 2011

Kashmiri Roti

Another Roti recipe I found in my Tarla Dalal book. We liked it.



Ingredients for 4 rotis

Wheat Flour 1 cup
Jeera 1/4 tsp
Fennel seeds (Saunf) 1/4 tsp
Coarse Ground pepper 1/2 tsp
Ajwain 1/4 tsp
Hing
Salt

Milk (optional)

Method of preparation

1. Mix all the ingredients (except milk) in a bowl and mix well.

2. Make a dough with milk or water. The recipe recommended milk, so I used it. You can use water as well.

3.  Keep it wrapped for a couple of hours. Split into 4 small balls

4. Roll like you will do for normal roti and cook in a tawa using ghee on both sides.

Just to show the texture after the roti is rolled



I felt that Ajwain kind of overpowered other spices. So if you are looking for varied flavours, skip or reduce the ajwain. But as I mentioned in the Ajwain Parata post, it is my new favourite spice. It adds a nice flavour to the roti.

1 comment: