Saturday 31 December 2011

Arusuvai Kurippu - Recap 2011

When I started blogging in November, I was not sure how this will unravel. I started posting some recipes and I started getting a lot of feedback from my friends. That was a great encouragement. Some of them tried the recipes that I posted and gave me feedback. When I get up in the morning, I check the comments to see all the feedback. It makes my day.

Then I moved to the next important step. I visited a few blogs. I was amazed by the effort all the lovely ladies have put into their blogs. I was humbled - the variety in recipes, the photos, the presentation. I have made new friends in the blogging world in this short time. I am sure there are a lot of beautiful sites yet to explore. That is what 2012 is for. I have created a bloglist for the websites that I have found. Do visit those pages for some amazing recipes. I learnt a lot of recipes in all these websites. Have tried a few and have bookmarked a few for making soon.

One of my friends suggested to check out various events. I have made my start by sending my posts to a few events. Hoping to do a lot more in the coming months.

Most Popular Dish (based on page views) in my site is Vatha Kozhambu.



The recipe which became an instant hit (it is fast becoming the most popular) is Methi Malai Mutter. It is my favourite recipe (and my husband's as well) in the blog so far.



New to others - I make the Vermicilli-Semolina quite often and it is almost a quick breakfast in our house. I got the feedback from friends that it is totally new to them. Many tried and liked it a lot.



My favorite photo in my blog so far is in Rava Kesari. The reason is mainly cause, I was just going to post the other photo in the link. But my husband thought this was a good one. I posted it and every time I see that photo, I am tempted to make Kesari



For recipe that I learnt from other sites - I can name a lot as I have looked up ratio and combination of different items in many sites. But the one recipe that was totally new to me was the Spiced Nutella Hot Chocolate. It is so addictive. In the last few weeks, I have enjoyed it every Friday. It is so sinful, cannot enjoy more than once a week :-) I learnt it from Puja's website. She has a lot of recipes that I have bookmarked.



Events that I am looking forward to participating (missed out last year)
Blog Hop Wednesday by Radhika 
Indian Cooking Challenge by Srivalli

As I mentioned before, I can name a lot of blogs that I have found and love. I just have to name a few here.

Rajani's My Kitchen Trials - She was one of the main inspirations for me to start this blog. We have cooked together in our younger days. I was not a great cook at that time, mainly cause there were other cooks better than me. She has a beautiful website and some wonderful recipes.

Priya's Priya's Easy N Tasty - Just look at the number of dishes in her site. It takes a lot of effort to be consistent. She has lots and lots of yummy recipes. And she encourages me a lot with wonderful comments. Also check her bloglist. I found quite a few good sites there.

Revathi's Kaarasaram - The best photos and presentation of food. I sometimes keep looking at the photos for 15-20 min before even I start reading the recipes. Lot of interesting recipes and history of food.

Sarah's Vazhayila - You all know my love for Kerala food by now. I think I do not need to look any further than Sarah's website for super delicious and authentic Mallu food. Her presentations are also amazing.

I have met a lot of new bloggers in the last couple of weeks. Sorry that I am not mentioning you all. I have made a list here and I check everyone of your recipes every day.

Looking forward to documenting my favorite recipes, learning new dishes, participating in events, making new friends in 2012. Please do continue checking my blog and more importantly, keep the feedback/comments/suggestions coming. I love hearing from you all.

If you like my blog or you feel like encouraging me, please follow me. Add comments! :-) I will know about your blogs as well that way. I look forward to meeting new bloggers.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

I am linking this post to Best of Year 2011 Event by Srivalli


9 comments:

  1. A very nice post...My personal favorite is also Methi Mali Matar...
    Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and a happy new year to all !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roshni, that's a wonderful recap. Though you have started just couple of months back you have really posted so many recipes..Kudos and all the best!..Thanks for sending this for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow lovely recap,keep on going..Also thanks a ton for ur kind words,am very much honoured Roshni..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Roshni.. You are amazing..I am humbled that you have added my name as well.. not sure if my efforts are worth it as so many bloggers are way beyond comparison but surely has motivated me to do more..:))
    Thanks dear... the first day of the year and you have made it memorable..:)
    My personal favourite is the "Kesari" as the pic is so yummy and "Methi Malai Mutter" as it is very tempting to just dig in with a piece of Naan..:))
    I am humbled and honoured girl..:) Thanks for your kindness..
    Hugs,
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Priya, Revathi for the encouragement...

    ReplyDelete
  7. First time at ur space,...Jessel looks yum,..wish ya great yr ahead,..

    ReplyDelete