Friday 23 December 2011

Ajwain Parata

I found a recipe for Ajwain Roti in a Tarla Dalal book that I had. I had not made this before and decided to give it a shot. I decided to make it as a Parata than a roti. It was super delicious. If you love the taste of Ajwain, you should try this. I cannot recommend this enough. I know I will be making it often.



Ingredients

Wheat Flour 1 cup (makes 4 paratas)
Ajwain 1/2 tsp
Salt
Oil 1 tbsp

Ghee for cooking paratas

Method of Preparation

1. Mix the wheat flour, ajwain, salt and oil. Make a dough with enough water.  Keep it wrapped for a couple of hours. Split into 4 small balls

2. I have never made Plain Paratas and have always done stuffed ones. I learnt how to do it recently. So the below description is only for those who need to know. Otherwise skip ahead.

3. Roll each dough ball into a very small circle. Apply some oil/ghee on the surface. Fold into a semicircle. Apply some more oil/ghee. Fold into a quarter circle. Then flatten using the rolling pin maintaining the
triangular shape. The oil/ghee helps in fluffing of the parata.












4. Put it on the tawa and spread some ghee on each side and cook.

Enjoy with Curry, Raita (or plain yogurt) and pickles!!

2 comments: