Tuesday 20 December 2011

Ribbon Pakoda

We were watching a movie on Friday and in the middle of it, at around 10:30 in the night, we felt like we needed a snack. There was none at home other than a bag of chips. I told my husband that we can snack and watch movie if you give me 15 minutes. He knew I will not stop till I made it. So we ran to the Kitchen. We were both buzzed by then and so I am just glad we survived the venture.



As I mentioned in my Sevai post, I am now equipped with a new nazhi for making things. A friend of mine brought it for me when she came back from India. Though it was not very great for making Sevai, it was sooper good for making snacks. I used to struggle at level 9/10 with my old one. This one can be rated at 1/10 for difficultly. So if you are using the old style nazhi like me, switch now. Thanks to a friend of mine who suggested this in one of my blog posts.

My New one (shown with a different chip)


My Old one



Ingredients

Besan (chickpea flour) 1 cup
Rice Flour 1/2 cup
Chilli Powder 1 tsp
Hing
Butter 2-3 tbsp
Salt
Oil to fry

Method of Preparation

1. Mix the besan, rice flour, chilli powder, salt and hing.

2. Add the butter and mix.

3. Mix by adding water little at a time to make dough like chappati

4. Make a ball with it and put it in the Nazhi (the equipment) with the correct chip.

5. Heat oil in a Kadai and press down the dough into the oil.

6. Gently break down the ribbon pakoda and cook till it is slightly browned. Drain and transfer to a bowl. Repeat for the rest of the dough

Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

  1. Prefect pakodas to enjoy with a cup of tea..

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect ribbon pakodas, looks crispy and yummy..
    yes, the old modely nazhi is bit difficult to make murukku,pakodas n sev...i too recently bought new one :)
    Spicy Treats
    Ongoing Event : Bake Fest # 2
    Do participate in My 300th Post Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy...I guess nazhi means 'indiyappan mould'?Actually I was afraid to try 'Indiappa' coz of the difficulty with mould I have heard from my mother.But about 1 year ago I found this new mould & I enjoy making 'indi appa' in few minutes....
    Thanks for visiting me & glad to find another Kerala friend.My colleague is also from Kerala & we find many similar dishes.Pl check this post Cabbage Mallun
    I am following you now....

    ReplyDelete