Wednesday 21 December 2011

Pepper Rice with Peas and Tofu

I had some tofu in the fridge and I was just trying to make something with it. I was not sure what I wanted to make for dinner. Yes, another one of those unprepared days. So I started throwing things in and adding stuff and this is the result. I was not sure if I wanted it to be a side for Roti or a mixed rice. So I kept the options open till the end. You can enjoy it either ways. It tasted good both ways :-)



Ingredients

Basmati Rice 2 cups
Frozen Peas 1 cup, heated in microwave for 10 min
Potato 1 big or 2 small, boiled or microwaved, and cubed
Tofu 3/4 cup, cut into small cubes. Buy firm vairety
Onion 1, thinly sliced
Tomato 2, cut into small pieces
Green chillies 2 sliced
Pepper 1 tbsp, coarsely ground.
Jeera 2 tsp
Mustard 1/2 tsp
Turmeric 1 tsp
Hing
Salt and Oil to Taste

Method of Preparation

1. Cook the rice with enough water.

2. In a pan, add oil and mustard. When it sputters, add the jeera, turmeric and hing.

3. When it sizzles, add the chopped onion.

4. When it browns, add the tomatoes and green chillies. Cook till oil starts to ooze from the sides.

5. Add pepper, tofu, potato, peas and salt and toss it gently without mushing up anything.

Enjoy with Roti or mix with rice and enjoy!!







Linking this to CWS - Peas by Priya of Priya's Easy and Tasty recipes.

3 comments: