Tuesday 6 December 2011

Pesarattu

Blogging does have its advantages. Instead of making the same old tiffin item, I decided to make something different. That thought led me to Pesarattu. I had made this a long time ago and decided to give it a go again.

I am looking for opinion of my readers as to what ratio they use. I know moong dal is the main ingredient. But the question is do you use some rice as well.

Since it was a Andra Speciality Dosa, I wanted to combine it with something that was also Andra speciality. So ruled out the tomato-onion chutney. I was reminded of peanut chutney that I have tasted from a colleague and decided to make it. Check out the recipe for Peanut Chutney as well.

This recipe will serve 4 adults


Ingredients

Green Moong dal 2.5 cups
Idli Rice 1/2 cup

onion 1 small cut into small pieces
Red chillies 6
Green chillies 2
curry leaves few
ginger 1 inch bit
hing

Oil and Salt to taste

Method of Preparation

1. Soak the rice and moong together overnight

2. Drain and Grind into a course paste along with green chillies, red chillies, ginger and curry leaves adding enough water.

3. Mix with onion, hing and salt. The batter should be fairly thicker than usual dosa batter. But loose enough to spread. Adjust water as needed.

4. Heat a tawa and spread the batter. Pour some oil on the dosa.

5. When one side is cooked well and the dosa starts to brown, turn and cook on the other side

6. Serve with a side of your choice.


Linking this to MLLA 42 (Susan's My Legume Love Affair Event), this month hosted by Kiran of Sumadhura

4 comments:

  1. Pesarattu looks super delicious... Not to mention quite healthy from the usual cereal or toast options..:)
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, we enjoyed it for Sunday breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutritious and protein packed pesarattu,one of my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy and healthy pesarattu.. looks awesome :)
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete